Are you interested in studying in Canada?
Well, there is good news that will gladden your heart!
Applications are now being accepted for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program for the 2024/25 academic section.
The fellowship program is focused on funding top-tier postdoctoral applicants from around the world who can contribute positively to Canada’s economy, culture, society, and research-based growth.
2024/2025 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Canada
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program 2024/25 is a fully funded scholarship for international students.
The follow-up program provides the recipient with a value of over $70,000 per year for two years.
The Banting Postdoctoral fellowship program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country just as we mentioned before.
Seventy new two-year fellowships will be awarded annually, distributed equally across Canada’s three federal granting agencies:
The Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The aim purpose of this fellowship is to build world-class research capacity by researching top-tier Canadian and international postdoctoral research at international postdoctoral researchers at an internationally competitive level of funding.
The objective is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally to develop their leadership potential and to position them for success as research leaders in the future.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Summary
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Institution(s): Host Institutes (Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.)
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Natural sciences and/or engineering
Social sciences and/or humanities
No of Scholarships: 70 fellowships are awarded annually
Program Period: Two years
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Coverage
The applicant brings a lot of opportunities and benefits. Some of these benefits include – Getting funds of up to $70,000 yearly for two.
Also, it provides over 70 fellowships awards annually.
Accepted applicants are also accessible to health insurance and other financial provisions.
Eligibility Criteria for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
In other to become a participant in this scholarship, the applicant must fulfill scholarship eligibility criteria, some of which include the below:
Applicant must learn how to communicate well in English
The scholarship is open to all countries
Applicants are expected to fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD equivalent, or health professional degree:
– Between September 15, 2020 and September 30, 2024 (inclusively) and
– Before the start date of their award
Canadas who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2024
For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD – equivalent, or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degree
How to Apply for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
Follow the steps below to start the scholarship application process:
Before applying for this scholarship ensure you are qualified for it by checking the scholarship eligibility criteria
Then contact the desired host institution/supervisor:
- Applications must be completed in full collaboration with the potential host institution.
- Applicants must be endorsed by the institution’s president (equivalent or designate).
- Applicants are responsible for supplying their proposed institution and referees with the documents necessary for them to write their respective letters.
From the outset of the application process, applicants and their host institution should discuss:
- The details of the fellowship -appointment
- Any benefits offered to the Banting postdoctoral researcher
- Any financial obligations associated with the appointment (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.)
- The availability of any research and/or other support
- The rights and responsibilities of postdoctoral researchers
- Any other institution-specific policies that might apply to a Banting postdoctoral researcher
Next Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
Start a ResearchNet application from here
- The applicant will have to fill the following:
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement
Start your application process by sending the scholarship email email@example.com